(The explanation of "Catch-Up" is here.)
TECH ODDS & ENDS
- Tea Party Tech Policy, by G. T. McCoy Jr., & J. V. DeLong, The American, Oct. 29, 2010 (Article). A tech agenda for the Tea Party Age.
- Tea Party Tech Policy, Digital Society, 29 Oct. 2010 (Blog). Reprise of a tech agenda for the Tea Party Age.
- Apple vs Android Business Models, Digital Society, 20 Oct. 2010 (Blog). Closed and open systems – Steve Jobs plumps for integration as a consumer benefit.
- The State of Innovation, Digital Society, 11 Oct. 2010 (Blog). Information Week has just published a survey piece called Innovation Mandate on how the U.S. is doing in the info tech space.
- Geek Sports Page: The Coming Contest Over Mobile Operating Systems, Digital Society, 2 Sept. 2010 (Blog). Looks forward to the contest between the business models of Apple, Android, Windows Phone 7, and the rest of the players.
- HIGHTECHforum Open for Business, Digital Society, 27 Aug. 2010 (Blog). New techsite – Richard Bennett’s High Tech Forum: Thoughts from the Technology Trenches.
- Paul Otellini – Meet Robert Higgs, Digital Society, 26 Aug. 2010 (Blog). Otellini talks about regime uncertainty and tech investment.
- In the Mail: “The Shift”, Digital Society, 18 Aug. 2010 (Blog). From the authors: [W]e outline how additional value is inserted into the ecosystem when service providers expose intelligent network capabilities.”
- The Tech Sector & the ADA – continued, Digital Society, 7 Aug. 2010 (Blog). More on the ADA issue.
- Disabilities, Civil Rights, & the Kindle Letter, Digital Society, 4 Aug. 2010 (Blog). Coming rules applying the ADA to the tech world.
- The Business Roundtable Nails 130+ Theses to the Door of OMB, Digital Society, 16 July 2010 (Blog). BRT objects to regime uncertainty.
- “For everything there is a season”, Digital Society, 5 June 2010 (Blog). The silly assumption that a company’s stock price should keep rising.
- Apples: Golden or Sour? Digital Society, 2 June 2010 (Blog). The cult of Apple.
- Connections: Tech & Energy, Digital Society, 23 May 2010 (Blog). Effect of anti-carbon rules on tech.
- Jaron Lanier – “A Rebel in Cyberspace, Fighting Collectivism”, Digital Society, 30 July 2010 (Blog). You Are Not a Gadget.
- Technology & Academia, Digital Society, 4 May 2010 (Blog). Link to the Technology|Academics|Policy (TAP) website.
- Making The Digital Society Work, Digital Society, 7 April 2010 (Blog). My inaugural post for Digital Society: “My particular focus is on the legal and regulatory structures and rules that are necessary to make this digital society work, with emphasis on intellectual property, markets and their importance in facilitating innovation, creativity and (to lift a word from the academic left) generativity.”
- The Monsters Coming Out of Your Computer, AEI Enterprise Blog, Jan. 29, 2010 (Blog). Security issues are very scary.